With the emergence of streaming services and Smart TV Box devices, the way people watch TV entertainment vastly changed in which the cable TV providers suffered a great blow. The ones who took the opportunity to come into the limelight are the Roku and Android streaming devices. Instead of the regular cable TV Box, people now prefer to purchase a streaming device and substitute the cable service with various streaming services. One such streaming service that is popular in the country is Crackle by Sony which can be activated on your Roku streaming device from crackle.com/activate.
What is Sony Crackle?
In the late 00’s, the streaming services received a boost from the users due to their impressive streaming packages. A few streaming services that quickly caught attention were Netflix and Hulu. Seeing this changing trend in people shifting from cable TV to streaming services, the world famous entertainment company Sony released its own streaming service called Crackle in 2007 which became the home to many of the top Sony shows for streaming devices like Roku. Follow the guide given below to activate Sony Crackle on your Roku streaming device. If you want to add any other channel like Hulu or Netflix then explore our site to know the hulu.com/activate guide or any other’s channel’s activation steps.
Getting Started with Crackle Channel on Roku
Roku streaming devices were launched in the year 2008 and since then they have their own marketplace known as the Roku Channel Store. From the Roku Channel Store, users can download any channel and app they want to install on their Roku streaming device. In order to watch the Crackle channel on your Roku streaming device, you need to add the channel from the Channel store and then activate it by following the crackle.com/activate roku steps (Scroll down to know).
Steps to add the Crackle Channel on Roku
- Turn on your Roku streaming device.
- Pick up your Roku remote and locate the home icon button. This button is the home button. Press the home button to go to the device home screen.
- On the device home screen, on the left-hand pane, toggle to the ‘Streaming Channels’ option with the directional buttons and press OK.
- The ‘Streaming Channels’ option will take you to the Roku Channel Store. Press the right directional button to start a search query on the Channel Store.
- Enter ‘Crackle’ and when the Channel Store Crackle page loads on your TV screen, select the ‘Add Channel’ option.
Now the Crackle channel app is successfully added to your Roku streaming device. Some of the other channels that you can add from the Roku Channel Store are HBO Go, Fox News, Fox Sports Go, Hulu, Showtime Anytime, etc.
Top Shows to watch on Sony Crackle
Some of the highly-acclaimed TV shows that you can watch on Sony Crackle are:
- Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee
- The Oath
- The Art of More
Steps to activate the Crackle channel on Roku via crackle.com/activate
Once you have added the Crackle channel app to your Roku streaming device, you are ready to perform the channel activation. In order to activate the Crackle channel app:
- Press the home button on the Roku remote to go back to the home screen.
- Locate the Crackle channel app and launch it.
- An activation code will be provided to you on your TV screen inside the Crackle channel. Using this code, you can activate the Crackle channel.
- Get on your PC or mobile phone with a working internet connection and launch any web browser.
- Visit crackle.com/activate Roku site and enter the activation code.
After following all the steps given above, you have successfully activated the Crackle channel on your Roku streaming device and can enjoy your favorite Crackle channel movies and TV shows in full HD. To know how to solve any problem while activating Crackle channel or the solution to any Roku com link problem, feel free to contact us anytime.